- Who Needs a Copyright Small Claims Court? Evidence from the UK’s IP Enterprise Court
with Yassine Lefouili, Brian Love, and Luke McDonagh, Berkeley Technology Law Journal Commentaries, forthcoming
- Choose the Neighbor before the House: Agglomeration Externalities in a UK Science Park
Journal of Economic Geography, forthcoming
- Shared Ownership of Intangible Property Rights: The Case of Patent Co-Assignments
with Andrea Fosfuri and Catherine Roux, Journal of Legal Studies, forthcoming
- Litigation of Standard-Essential Patents in Europe: A Comparative Analysis
with Jorge Contreras, Fabian Gaessler, and Brian Love, Berkeley Technology Law Journal, forthcoming
- Do board interlocks increase innovation? Evidence from a corporate governance reform in India
with Manasa Patnam and Raghavendra Rau, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 80, pp. 51-70, (2017)
- What Can Explain the Chinese Patent Explosion?
with Markus Eberhardt and Zhihong Yu, Oxford Economic Papers, Vol. 69 (1), pp. 239-262, (2017)
- Patent Litigation in Europe
with Katrin Cremers, Max Ernicke, Fabian Gaessler, Dietmar Harhoff, Luke McDonagh, Paula Schliessler, and Nicolas van Zeebroeck, European Journal of Law and Economics, Vol. 44 (1), pp 1–44, (2017)
- My precious! The location and diffusion of scientific research: evidence from the Synchrotron Diamond Light Source
with Henry Overman, Economic Journal, Vol. 127 (604), pp. 2006–2040, (2017)
- Invalid but Infringed? An Analysis of the Bifurcated Patent Litigation System
with Katrin Cremers, Fabian Gassler, Dietmar Harhoff, and Yassine Lefouili,
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol. 131, Part A, pp. 218–242, (2016)
- The heterogeneous effect of software patents on expected returns: evidence from India
with Markus Eberhardt, Marcel Fafchamps, and Manasa Patnam, Economics Letters, Vol. 145, pp. 73–78, (2016)
- Patent Litigation in China: Protecting Rights or the Local Economy?
with Markus Eberhardt and Brian Love, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law, Vol. 18, pp. 713-, (2016)
also published by Mitteilungen der deutschen Patentanwälte, Vol. 108(4), 163-169 (2017); see also iam blog and here and iam Magazine, China IPR, Comparative Patent Remedies, Chinese Law Prof Blog
- Inter Partes Review and the Design of Post-Grant Patent Reviews,
with Colleen V. Chien, Stanford Technology Law Review, forthcoming
- An Empirical Analysis of Primary and Secondary Pharmaceutical Patents in Chile,
with Maria Jose Abud and Bronwyn Hall, PLOS ONE (2015)
see Intellectual Property Watch
- The Impact of University Research on Corporate Patenting: Evidence from UK Universities
with Mark Rogers, Journal of Technology Transfer, Vol. 40(1), pp 1-24, (2015)
- The choice between formal and informal intellectual property: a review,
with Bronwyn Hall, Mark Rogers, and Vania Sena, Journal of Economic Literature, Vol. 52(2), pp. 375-423, (2014)
- Does the Rotten Child Spoil His Companion? Spatial Peer Effects Among Children in Rural India,
with Manasa Patnam, Quantitative Economics, Vol. 5(1), pp. 67–121, (2014)
- Is There a Patent Troll Problem in the UK?
with Luke McDonagh and Brian Love, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Vol. 24, pp. 509-553, (2014)
see iam blog
IPKat, and nonpracticingentities
- Innovation and diffusion of clean/green technology: can patent commons help?
with Bronwyn Hall, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol. 66(1), pages 33-51 (2013) 'See summary at United Nations University
- Patent Litigation in the UK - An Empirical Survey 2000-2008
with Luke McDonagh, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Vol. 8(11), pages 846-861 (2013)
- Do Spillovers Matter When Estimating Private Returns to R&D?
with Markus Eberhardt and Hubert Strauss, The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 95(2), pp. 436-4 (2013)
- The importance (or not) of patents to UK firms
with Bronwyn Hall, Mark Rogers, and Vania Sena, Oxford Economic Papers, Vol. 65(3), pp. 603-629 (2013)
- Patent Litigation in England and Wales and the Issue-Based Approach to Costs
with Luke McDonagh, Civil Justice Quarterly, Vol.32(3), pp. 369-384 (2013)
- The Use and Abuse of Export Subsidies: Evidence from Colombia
with Natalia Trofimenko, The World Economy, Vol. 36(4), pp. 465-486 (2013)
- The Formation and Evolution of Childhood Skill Acquisition: Evidence from India
with Manasa Patnam, Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 95, pp. 252-266 (2011)
- Does Patenting Help High-Tech Start-Ups?
with Mark Rogers, Research Policy, Vol. 40, 1016-1027 (2011)
- Innovation and the Survival of New Firms in the UK
with Mark Rogers, Review of Industrial Organization, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 227-248 (2010)
- The role of patent protection in (clean/green) technology transfer
with Bronwyn Hall, Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal, Vol. 26 (4), pp. 487-532 (2010) '
See summary at VoxEU.
- Firm Growth and Firm Size
with Christoffer Koch and Mark Rogers, Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 17 (16), pp. 1547-1550 (2010)